Andre Kleyner, Author
Andre Kleyner has over 30 years of engineering, research, consulting, and managerial experience specializing in the reliability of electronic and mechanical systems designed to operate in severe environments.
He’s a global reliability engineering leader with Delphi Electronics and Safety, and an adjunct professor at Purdue University.
Andre is a Fellow of the American Society for Quality and has authored multiple publications and books.
He’s the editor of the Wiley Series in Quality and Reliability Engineering at John Wiley & Sons, and the co-author of Practical Reliability Engineering* now in its 5th edition.
Andre has a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Maryland, and an MBA from Ball State University.
In this episode, Andre Kleyner discusses:
- What many people overlook in warranty management
- Helping engineers avoid warranty cost through better design
- Working with limited data and small sample sizes
- The current state of education and training in reliability engineering
- The importance of understanding the physics of failure
Recorded December 2014.
- ASQ Quality Progress article: “Discussion Warranted:”
- Practical Reliability Engineering, 5th Edition*
Please login with your site registration to view the video recording.
If you haven’t registered, it’s free and takes only a moment.