Lessons Learned in Writing Effective Reliability Plans
Fred and Carl talk about some of these lessons in this podcast:
- Focus on the “Vital Few” Reliability Methods
- Use the “Factor of Ten” Rule
- Emphasize DFR Strategies
- Safety Comes First!
- Understand the Role of Management
- Create a Structured Mechanism for Execution
- Clearly define Roles and Responsibilities
- Reliability Subject Matter Expertise is Required
- Use “Gap Analysis” as Part of Developing new RPPs
- Understand the importance of “people” skills
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability, where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics.
Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.
One resource for this podcast is the Applied Reliability Symposium presentation entitled “How to Develop an Effective Reliability Plan.” Carl presented this tutorial at the 2013 ARS in Minneapolis.
Carl presented this tutorial at the 2013 ARS in Minneapolis.