When to Use FTA
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the subject of Fault Tree Analysis, with focus on when the tool should be used.
- General discussion of the selection of reliability tools
- Why it’s important to use the “vital few” tools
- FTA and System Reliability Modeling
- Selection criteria for FTA projects
- FTA and FMEA
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
Reference Chapter 14 of “Effective FMEAs” for an overview of FTA, including description, examples, procedure, glossary, benefits and limitations.
- NASA Fault Tree Handbook with Aerospace Applications, version 1.1, Prepared for NASA Office of Safety and Mission Assurance, NASA Headquarters Washington, DC 20546, published August 2002
- S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Fault Tree Handbook, NUREG-0492, published January 1981
- IEC International Standard Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), IEC 61025 Edition 2.0 2006-12
- FAA System Safety Handbook, Chapter 9: Analysis Techniques, Dec 30, 2000