Mid career advancement suggestions
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss tips and experiences on career advancement. This is the second part of this podcast.
- Things you can do both inside and outside your company to advance your career
- Take on the tougher problems, using your reliability tools
- The importance of networking and outside professional involvement
- Always looking to add value and expand your influence
- Look at things from management and customer point of view
- Present papers and participate in professional societies and conferences
- Become expert in one or two areas; publish in these areas
- Consider answering “yes” to requests for help that is outside of your comfort zone
- Setting goals and using positive affirmations
- Consider writing a career plan and update annually
- Should you rotate jobs to get wider experience?
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
A classic book on the subject of building relationships, updated to the digital age:
How to Win Friends and Influence People in the Digital Age
A good book on using the principles of Kaizen to life and career:
One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way