What is the Role of Standards in Reliability Programs?
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the relationship of standards to achieving reliability objectives.
- Is achieving compliance to a standard sufficient?
- Consider the conditions of use included in the standard
- Different types of standards: reliability, quality, safety, performance, testing
- Some standards on not necessarily “best practice?
- Two steps: 1. good processes, 2. good documentation
- The better standards discuss how to use the results of tasks and methods
- Standards can be a starting point, not an end in themselves
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
SAE GEIA-STD-0009: Reliability Program Standard for Systems Design, Development, and Manufacturing
SAE TA-HB-0009: Reliability Program Handbook