Reliability Engineers as Good Teachers
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the role of teaching. Most reliability engineers, in the natural course of their career, will take on the role of teaching reliability principles to other staff. This episode discusses various techniques and tips that may be helpful when engaged in teaching the principles of reliability engineering or management.
- When should reliability engineers take on the teaching role?
- How formal should the teaching environment be?
- How to create interaction with students
- How do people learn?
- The right size for number of students
- Different learning styles
- How to deal with extroverted vs introverted students
- Get students to put principles into their own words
- Ways to encourage questions from students
- Setting student objectives
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.