Reliance on Devices
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the role of standards in managing the interfaces between devices. We are becoming more and more dependent on the devices to conduct business and carry out our daily tasks.
- The role of standards in managing device interfaces and integration
- The correlation between reliability and complexity
- Does every device need to be “smart”?
- Reliability has a role in systems engineering
- Consider reliability in concept selection
- Marketing and reliability working together
- Minimizing the reliance on interfaces
- Implementing reliability should be focused on solutions, not merely on failures
- Low cost of solutions early in product development
- Application of Concept FMEA
- The role of asking questions in surfacing issues early
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.