Hard Line or Soft Touch When Building a Reliability Program
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the impact of company cultures when implementing changes to reliability processes and programs.
- One approach is structured and disciplined, irrespective of employee input.
- Another approach is to understand the company culture and solicit and use individual employee ideas
- The importance of shared development in company processes to encourage employee involvement and commitment
- The role of teams
- A shared development process can be disciplined in execution
- Ask how the new reliability process can help employees
- Integration of new reliability processes into company culture
- What is the essence of company culture and how to integrate reliability
- People do their best thinking in the right environment
- Two steps: build processes in team environment and execute them with discipline
- Deming’s 14 points
- Some ISO standards focus on process documentation and implementation without first ensuring excellent processes
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
Deming’s 14 Points for Management: