What’s Wrong with MTBF
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss some of the primary issues with MTBF as a reliability metric
- What is MTBF?
- Why is MTBF used?
- Question the underlying assumptions of exponential distribution
- What happens when many failure mechanisms compete to bring about failure
- The four primary elements of reliability requirements
- What to do when customer mandates MTBF
- Probability metric versus MTBF
- The “Check-mark Curve”
- MTBF can generate wrong testing
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.