Better FMEA Results in Less Time
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the unique challenges facing FMEA teams, resulting from shorter and shorter product development times.
- How to get to the “gem” of FMEA, without taking a long time
- What techniques can reduce time in FMEAs
- Staying on-topic in FMEA meetings
- The role of “brainstorming” – when to use it and when to not use it
- Staying focused on higher-risk areas
- Good facilitation is vital
- Prioritizing functions as part of FMEA preparation
- Begin FMEAs with the highest priority functions
- Focus on areas of change and novelty
- Use of “preliminary risk assessment” to identify which FMEAs are most important
- System FMEA can point to lower-level FMEAs that need to be done
- Stay focused on areas of concern
- Use of “Affinity Mapping” to narrow the scope
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.