Why Do We Start with Identifying Gaps
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss Reliability gap analysis and why this step is so important.
- Always begin with a reliability vision.
- Reliability vision is more than the metrics for reliability requirements.
- What is a gap analysis and why is it important?
- Why do you need a reliability plan?
- Start from viewpoint of listening.
- Keep your mind open when selecting reliability tools; don’t merely use your favorite tools.
- Gap analysis is the “delta” between where you are headed (vision) and your current capability (gaps).
- Gaps include organizational gaps, methods gaps and culture gaps.
- Culture includes proactive vs reactive approach.
- Prioritize gaps before writing reliability plan.
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.