Tips For Building a Reliability Plan
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss ideas and tips for building an effective reliability plan. The focus of this podcast is on reliability tool selection.
- Review of the five-step process to create effective reliability plans
- There are many reliability tools; the key is selecting the vital few best tools that fit the needs and challenges of a new project
- For a new project, don’t merely use the same tools as previous program
- Even though the project is the same family, if there are new environments, new technology, new applications, or other new factors, the reliability tools need to fit the circumstances of the new project
- Chapter 3 of our new book outlines the broad set of reliability tools, from the viewpoint of when each tool is used or not used
- What question are you trying to answer or what decision are you trying to make? select the reliability tools that inform the decisions
- The questions and decisions are reflected in the reliability gap assessment is input to reliability tool selection
- Some examples of tool selection are included in this discussion
- Always consider the reliability maturity of the organization when selecting tools
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.