Dealing with Interfaces
Carl and Fred discussing interfaces and how they can be addressed in reliability programs.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss why interfaces are important and what happens if they are ignored.
- More than 50% of total problems can occur at interfaces between components or adjacent subsystems
- Interfaces can be a physical connection, energy transfer, data exchange, material exchange or other type of interface
- Problem: Item A (in spec) does not work well with Item B (in spec)
- FMEA Block Diagram helps ensure interfaces are addressed in Design FMEA
- System Reliability Modeling needs to include interfaces between “blocks”
- How should interfaces be modeled?
- Some interfaces are integrated into the sub-assembly
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 578 Dealing with InterfacesCarl Carlson
Leave a Reply