Join Carl and Fred as they discuss how faulty thinking that defies common sense can lead us in the wrong direction.
- What is “common sense”? Why is it important?
- Every failure matters, and should not be ignored
- The importance of personal integrity and character
- Tests need to add value and make sense
- Ask why you are doing each of your tasks
- Common sense needs to be at the forefront
- Fred talks about the “sniff test”
- Question what you’ve always done, and ask “why”?
- Be aware of how things are used, and of potential phase changes, to stay within realistic failure mechanisms
- Brainstorming works when creative ideas are later evaluated for feasibility
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.