If you have a centrifugal pump problem, the odds are Mike Sondalini has included the solution in this very detailed e-book.
Mike goes through the problem-solving steps in detail with his own experiences and research. Although this book primarily focuses on the centrifugal pump, many of the solutions are applicable to well… pumps in general.
With over 50 sections, we can only list a few here. Some of the areas of discussion are flow, mechanical seal, bearings, rotor, cavitation, liquid density, couplings, vibration isolation, fan, metal corrosion, impeller, balancing, alignment and even the effects on electric motors.
(46 pages of practical knowledge)
Download E-book immediately after purchase, watch your email for download instructions.
If you are a site member, login to streamline the purchase process. If not a member, the next screen will help you setup an account for the site and process the purchase. You will need to login to Accendo Reliability in order to download your purchase.Login
Table of Contents
- Changing the service duty of a pump.
- Flange bolting-up practices.
- Shaft sealing with a packed gland.
- Vibration and out-of-balance equipment.
- Get mechanical seals working properly.
- Effects of running centrifugal pumps on the right end of the pump curve.
- Net positive suction head.
- Vibration and its control.
- Corrosion in agitated conditions.
- The importance of fit, tolerance and clearance.
- Shaft alignment on pumps.
- Shaft coupling selection issues.
- Centrifugal pump cavitation.
- Centrifugal Pump Life Extension – The Volute.
- Effect of process changes on electric motors.
- Pump life extension – the impeller.