- Publisher: Reliabilityweb.com Press
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Available in: Paperback
- ISBN: 978-0983874164
- Published: November 21, 2011
Work alongside the author as he walks you through his step-by step method for applying Reliability Centered Maintenance, RCM Blitz, that focuses on manufacturing assets.
RCM Blitz is a 5-part process, with an easy to follow flow diagram, that includes:
1. Up-Front Tasks – Those tasks required to ensure the success of the RCM Facilitators and Team.
2. Probability and Consequence – The steps needed to build the groundwork for understanding the importance of each individual failure mode and developing sound methods to prioritize RCM tasks.
3. Functions and Functional Failures – The to successful RCM analysis is understanding the importance of addressing maintenance at the functional failure level.
4. FMECA – The heart and soul of Reliability Centered Maintenance, this is where the work gets done, identifying failure modes, describing failure effects and developing tasks.
5. Follow-Up Tasks – These tasks are designed to help the team quickly move forward and drive the implementation of the RCM tasks. Follow-up is just as important as the analysis itself and like everything else it has a process.