Last week, I was really struggling with anxiety and feeling like I haven’t made any progress in my personal development. I felt like I had taken 1 step forward and many steps back to return to a place where I was paralyzed in my own mind. My coach, Susan Hobson from Elite High Performance Coaching recommended that I put together a 2019 highlight reel of all of the things I had done that were meaningful in my development.
After I finished my 2019 highlight reel, it turned my day around. It helped me see the bigger picture.
It helped me see the forest for the trees.
Here are some of the highlights that I had in 2019 that I want to share with you:
- I scaled up my impact by starting this newsletter, doing videos, memes, cartoons and building a website
- I started a maintenance & reliability meetup group in Edmonton
- I spoke at 3 conferences – MaintenanceCon, Asset Management Manitoba Summit & MainTrain
- I did 2 webinars with UE Systems & UpKeep
- I was a guest on 5 podcasts that weren’t my own – Impruver Podcast, Masterminds in Maintenance, Rooted in Reliability, Dare to Know & Practical Reliability
- I became a contributor to ReliabilityConnect.com & increased my contribution with AccendoReliability.com
- I overhauled my daily schedule to increase my energy and well-being so I could perform better. I did that by waking up earlier, meditating twice daily, working out before work and going to bed earlier
- I increased my learning rate by listening to more entrepreneurial/personal development podcasts
- I hired a coach to accelerate my growth and put me on the right track for my future
In life, just like in reliability, it can be hard to see the bigger picture because we’re caught in the day-to-day battle. I’d recommend you write down your 2019 highlight reel for both your professional and personal items so you can see the bigger picture and see how far you’ve come.
If there is anything more that I can do in 2020 to help you in reliability or in life, hit reply and let me know.
Reliability Never Sleeps,