Process capability assessment is performed to assess how well a product characteristic will meet customer or engineering specifications. Highly capable processes are required in order to provide a consistent and reliable performance for our customers.
This section focuses on the methods used to assess process capability for key characteristics.
This section includes details on:
- Types of capability assessments
- Review of stability vs. capability
- Estimating ppm (parts per million defective)
- Defining and estimating capability indices (e.g. Cpk)
- Interpretation and limitations of capability indices
- Handling nonnormal data