What Can Value Added Auditing ™ Do for You?
Value Added Auditing(VAA) is risk based auditing. Or another way to think about it is VAA is analytical auditing where the sponsor and auditee get valuable information to improve their operations and become more competitive.
So, what can VAA do for you?
Value added auditing facilitates the company’s and its supplier’s improvement. For example, the auditor may determine if controls or systems are in place ensuring that:
- Continual improvement is pursued company and supplier wide.
- People have a high level of authority to self manage their work.
- Process planning is integrated into all operations and processes.
- Work instructions are developed and followed.
- Extensive and intensive process records exist.
- Root cause corrective action is initiated.
- Costs are estimated and used extensively.
- Process drawings, flowcharts, documentation and changes are accurate, current, and understandable.
- Measuring and testing equipment are available and calibrated.
- Production tooling accurately reflects engineering prints.
- Advanced metrology is pursued.
- Key supply chain elements are monitored and required to improve.
- Statistical control and capability (Six Sigma improvement) are extensively used.
- Finished products are periodically inspected and tested.
- Handling, storage and delivery quality documentation is accurate and up to date.
For more information, go to Value Added Auditing.