CT E10 Application of Bayesian Statistical Methods in Medical Device Design and Development with Riley King
In today’s episode, my guest Riley King and I explore the application of Bayesian statistical methods in the medical device industry. Riley is a thought leader in medical device design and development and has worked with class III medical devices for over 14 years.
Riley shares with us
· His experience in medical device R&D and working in a quality leadership position in medical device
· The use of conventional, frequentist statistical methods in medical device development and some of the challenges he has faced when trying to apply conventional statistical methods
· His explanation of Bayesian statistics, the difference between frequentist and Bayesian methods, and why use Bayesian methods
· Real-life medical device use cases where Bayesian methods can be useful
· His tools of choice, which includes the programming language R and specific packages for Bayesian methods
· His learning journey and book/resource recommendations
· Tips for those in a similar line of work interested in learning and applying these techniques
· Trends he believes will shape the future of medical device technology and development
Riley has a blog called [R]eliability – A Random Walk in the Medical Device Space (https://rileyking.netlify.app/) where he talks in detail about his experiences. Make sure to check it out; it is awesome!