Carl Carlson, Author
Carl Carlson is a consultant and instructor in the areas of FMEA and reliability program planning.
He’s currently supporting clients of ReliaSoft with reliability and FMEA training and consulting.
He has 30 years of experience in reliability testing, engineering, and management positions.
He was a senior manager in GM’s Advanced Reliability Group where he led FMEA analysis for the North American operations, developed and implemented advanced reliability methods and managed reliability engineers.
Carl also co-chaired the cross-industry team that developed the commercial FMEA standard.
In this episode, Carl Carlson discusses:
- Getting the most out of the time spent on FMEA
- Common misconceptions about FMEA
- Shortcuts that get people in trouble, and typical mistakes
- Projects that are particularly well-suited for FMEA
- Advice for people trying to adopt FMEA as a standard process
Recorded November 2014.
- Effective FMEAs: Achieving Safe, Reliable, and Economical Products and Processes using Failure Mode and Effects Analysis*
- Effective FMEAs site
Please login with your site registration to view the video recording.
If you haven’t registered, it’s free and takes only a moment.