Are You Doing Root Cause or Assigning Blame
Join Tim and Fred as they discuss the difficulties in assigning root cause of a part failure, and why it’s important to consider other possibilities before blaming your supplier.
- Why expanding the supply base does not necessarily lead to higher quality
- Why the part that failed is not necessarily the cause of the failure
- Why you can’t count on your customers or your customer support team to help understand root cause
- When your own mixed messages about cost and delivery schedules may be the true cause of quality problems
- Are we creating conditions that make it easier for people to make mistakes?
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
See also Tim’s blog post on this topic at: http://wp.me/pwlkj-NN