Value of Certification
Carl and Fred discussing a listener question about the value of certification in reliability engineering. Does it help one’s career advancement? Will it enhance one’s salary? What are the pros and cons? Does certification improve one’s prospects internationally?
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the subject of training and certification in the field of reliability.
- Some surveys show ASQ certification can increase income; question is whether this is causative or correlative.
- What is your objective for certification? If it is status or symbolic, that is not the best reason.
- If your objective for certification is to improve your understanding of the field and improve your value to your company or your clients, that is a good reason.
- What is your long-term career plan? Certification can be an excellent part of career plan.
- Value of certification overseas is dependent on the company and culture.
- Everything you do should have a reason. Same with certification.
- A long list of acronyms next to your name can be misinterpreted.
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.