Bringing Back Old Plant Equipment
Carl and Fred discussing a listener question about the use of FMEA when ramping up equipment in a plant. In this case, the equipment had been sitting dormant for a number of years.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss which specific methods would be most useful in a production scenario with older equipment when the history is not known.
- The type of FMEA that supports this scenario
- Prioritizing manufacturing or assembly processes
- People who have experience with older equipment
- Reliability Centered Maintenance and Supportability, using Maintenance FMEA
- When to replace vs repair equipment
- Use of key product characteristics as input to Process FMEA
- Use of Process Control plan
- Use of Root Cause Analysis
- Use of Preventive Maintenance Plan
- Use of prevention methods when faced with production problems
- When to stop production vs running fixes
- Reducing waste and meeting quality objectives
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 752 Bringing Back Old Plant EquipmentCarl Carlson
Leave a Reply