Catching Up with Questions
Carl and Fred summarizing and discussing the latest questions received from readers and listeners.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss questions relating to FMEA detection, FMEA scope, and other questions.
- FMEA detection methods and ratings
- Two types of Detection: detection during product development and detection in-service
- Design FMEA supplement called “monitoring and system response” (MSR)
- SAE J1739:2021 includes MSR supplement
- Which is best approach: one large FMEA on everything or selective use of FMEA on highest risk areas? (Answer: selective use of FMEA)
- Better to do fewer FMEAs, done very well, than lots of FMEAs, done poorly
- Start with System FMEA and narrow down
- Use of Preliminary Risk Assessment to select FMEA projects
- Be careful of FMEA softwar3e that encourages gigantic FMEAs
- Use of models with FMEAs
- Team-based vs automated FMEAs
- Value of team involvement to mitigate blind spots
- Reducing time in FMEAs
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 753 Catching Up with QuestionsCarl Carlson
Leave a Reply