Reliability Strategic Vision
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the elements that go into a reliability vision, and how it is developed.
- Chapter 5 of the book: The Process of Reliability Engineering”
- The first step is knowing where you’re going
- Developing a Reliability Strategic Vision
- Why strategy is so important
- It’s not a generic Corporate mission statement
- The elements of a reliability strategic vision
- The four parts embedded in the definition of reliability: probability statement, primary function, environmental conditions, duration
- The vision for reliability includes reliability and organizational goals
- Where are you heading from a reliability point of view?
- The importance of reputation, brand identity
- Consider the overall lifecycle cost
- Reliability can be a critical part of your marketing position; but it has to be real
- Safety must be an essential part of your reliability vision
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.