RCM and FMEAs
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss Reliability Centered Maintenance, and the role that FMEA plays in doing RCM projects.
- RCM includes an FMEA front end.
- What is the nature of the FMEA that supports RCM?
- How to narrow down the equipment that needs RCM
- What to do when items need to be replaced too often
- Types of FMEA, the same fundamentals apply
- Design FMEA can improve maintainability, start with Functions
- Causes in Supportability FMEAs should be taken to “maintenance actionable” level
- Causes in Design FMEAs should be taken to root cause and associated mechanism of failure
- RCM uses “Design Logic Diagram” as part of identifying risk
- Using RCM to develop maintenance tasks
- To get better involvement, focus on the most important issues
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.