Is There a Better Way Than RPN?
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss a better way to integrate the three types of risk in an FMEA, in order to prioritize risk for corrective actions.
- What is RPN?
- What is wrong with RPN?
- What alternatives are their to using RPN?
- Always address high severity first
- Severity can sometimes be reduced by design change
- How to address high severity, low occurrence issues
- FMEA action strategies to reduce risk
- Use of risk matrices in FMEA
- Use of action priority table in FMEA
- Caution when using FMEA to predict reliability
- FMEA scales are meant to prioritize risk, and are not intended to represent objective values
- One of the most important aspects of FMEA is the team discussion
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.