Product Reliability in Complex Supply Chains
Join Dianna and Chris as they discuss product reliability in complex supply chains.
- manufacturers using components used outside of their original purpose
- relationships between manufacturers and suppliers
- supplier management
- cell phones, space products, electric bike suspension, medical devices, and Spidey senses
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.
The types of things that makes complex supply chains is when:
- weak relationships with suppliers
- manufacturers don’t have a lot of choice with suppliers
- components that manufacturers use that aren’t intended for their market or their use environment
Ways you can address issues:
- take the time to develop strong relationships with suppliers
- choose simpler and adaptable components
- facilitate the technical experts among many suppliers to come to an agreement
- speak to the “doers”!
If you have a particular supplier story or article, please share it!