Integrating DFR into your organization
Carl and Fred discussing the need to integrate Design for Reliablity activities throughout the entire organization.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss how to integrate DFR throughout your organization.
- Concurrent Engineering includes DFR
- Reliablity Engineering is part of the team that designs and develops products
- Balancing reliability requirements with other program requirements
- Influencing design engineers with good reliability requirements, good design guides, and detailed lessons learned
- Making the designer’s decision process easier
- Translating failure rates to dollars
- Building credibility by helping design teams to solve problems
- Training your design engineers in reliability methods
- Understanding the area you want to “DFR”
- Talking in design-engineer language
- Teach design engineers reliability overview (brown bag)
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 194 Integrating DFR into your organizationCarl Carlson
Reference for integrating DFR into an organization:
“Design for Reliability”, by Dev G. Raheja and Louis J. Gullo
Leave a Reply