Essence of DFR
Carl and Fred discussing the underlying philosophy of Design for Reliability (DFR) and identifying the essence and scope of DFR.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss DFR and the key elements of DFR programs.
- Is Reliability Assurance part of DFR?
- DFR and Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
- What exactly is the scope of DFR?
- What is not the scope of DFR
- The importance of inherent reliability
- Co-locating reliability engineers with design engineers
- The use of soft skills in DFR
- DFR and significant characteristics
- DFR and failure mechanism modeling
- DDFR and environmental and use profiles
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.
Chapter 6 of Effective FMEAs has information on the use of significant characteristics and failure mechanisms in achieving good designs.
DFR will be one of the focus areas in our new book on Reliability Management.
Another really great talk! Thanks.