Speaking Reliability with Management
Carl and Fred discussing to talk with management about the subject of reliability.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss how to speak about reliability, using the language of management.
- Know your management: What are they interested in? What problems are they addressing? What are their most important objectives?
- Once you know your management, figure out and adjust your message to show how you can authentically help?
- In other words, look at things from your managements point of view, and tailor your message to the audience.
- Prepare for management meetings, do your homework.
- Ask the question: What is your audience capable of understanding?
- Be respectful of manager’s time.
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
A few recommended books that will help a reliability engineer know how to communicate with management:
First Things First, by Steven R. Covey
Principled Centered Leadership, by Steven R. Covey
Developing the Leader Within You, by John C. Maxwell
Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting out of the box, by The Arbinger Institute
How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci, by Michale J. Gelb
Leave a Reply