Is Meeting the Standard Enough?
Carl and Fred discussing a question: is meeting regulatory standards sufficient to ensure a product is safe and reliable?
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss whether or not meeting regulatory or internal standards is sufficient? What else needs to be done?
- The importance of meeting federal and other standards
- The importance of ensuring the product is safe and reliable
- Both are necessary
- Standards are based on technology and assumptions when they are written
- Standards do not necessarily apply to future scenarios
- FMEAs identify potential design and test deficiencies
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 452 Is Meeting the Standard EnoughCarl Carlson
Awesome discussion! I particularly like the comment about how FMEA’s can be used to identify design deficiencies and deficiencies in your test plan.