Tips for Improving People Skills
Carl and Fred discussing the broad subject of people skills in the application of reliability engineering. The ability to influence other people in a positive and constructive manner, is an essential skill.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss their own experiences in the softer skills, often called “people skills.”
- You can do specific things that cause a change in other people
- Teach soft skills to supplement hard skills of reliability
- Developing good people skills is a life-long endeavor
- You often have to get away from your desk and go out into the organization in order to influence people in the direction of design for reliability
- If you don’t talk with the project or engineering people that need to make informed decisions, you are not doing your job
- Sometimes you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone
- You are trying learn what people need and to change minds in a positive and constructive manner
- Fred and Carl share specific experiences in improving people skills
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 479 Tips for Improving People SkillsCarl Carlson
Leave a Reply