Carl and Fred discussing the importance of discovering and understanding failures during product development.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss why inducing failures is an essential part of reliability programs.
- Thomas Edison quote
- Discover and learn from failures
- Generate failures by testing to failure, accelerated testing, or HALT
- Addressing attitude that failures are bad
- Find the predominant mechanisms of failure
- Educate management on value of failures
- Know your design margin
- Modeling failure mechanisms
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 482 Celebrate FailureCarl Carlson
Leave a Reply