Reliability and Product Development
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss how every company has a defined process to develop products, and reliability needs to fit into that process.
- Reliability must be designed-in to products and processes
- How do you accomplish DFR?
- What are the barriers to DFR?
- Translating from reliability to measurable design characteristics
- How can DFR be integrated into design tasks during product development?
- Role of reliability in concept development stage
- Surfacing predominant failure mechanisms early in product development
- Integrating reliability into design reviews
- What will fail, when, and how will you know?
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
Past SORs with DFR focus, recorded by Fred and Carl. They can be found on Accendo Reliability website.
SOR 260 “The Essence of DFR”
SOR 206 “Importance of DFR”
SOR 194 “Integrating DFR into your Organization”
SOR 369 “Principle 2: Design in Reliability.”