The Problem with Leading with Your Diploma
Carl and Fred discussing what can happen when a reliability engineer puts undue focus on their degree when introducing themselves or when looking for a new position.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss strategies for presenting oneself to others. Should you prioritize your degree or your capabilities?
- Valuing your experience, capability and skills
- Diplomas are important, as they show your education and your understanding of the associated body of knowledge
- Most companies are interested in how you can contribute to their objectives
- Lead with what you can do for the company, not your diploma
- Consider modifying your resume to show highlight your qualifications and accomplishments
- Focus on how you can work together with the team
- Flat organizations vs hierarchical organizations
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 498 The Problem with Leading with Your DiplomaCarl Carlson
Leave a Reply