Use of Models in Reliability Engineering
Carl and Fred discussing the important role of models in reliability engineering programs.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss different models and how they should or should not be used in supporting reliability engineering objectives.
- Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Why models are so important
- Failure Mode Mechanisms and Effects Analysis (FMMEA)
- Discussion of most useful modes
- Discussion of least useful models
- Models for failure mechanisms
- Misuse of models
- Model assumptions have to be understood and confirmed
- Role of physics, mathematics and statistics in creation and application of models
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 557 Use of Models in Reliability EngineeringCarl Carlson
Leave a Reply