How to Best Use Standards
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the topic of engineering and quality standards.
- Elements of good and bad standards
- When to use selected standards
- When to avoid selected
- Know the limitations of standards
- Difference between a standard and a body of knowledge
- Limitation of “one size fits all”
- ANSI standards
- How to use a standard
- Meeting standards may be necessary but not sufficient
- Understand the science behind standards
- Don’t use standards in a rote manner
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.