Reliability and Risk Management
Carl and Fred discussing the relationship of reliability and risk management, including areas of overlap and linkages.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the body of knowledge of reliability and how it relates to risk management.
- Definition of “risk”
- Technical risk vs business risk
- Preparation can reduce uncertainty risk
- Severity and probability of harm, as elements of risk
- Role of Hazard Analysis
- Risk as superset of reliability, availability, maintainability
- Systematic process to assess risk
- FMEA, FTA, and risk management
- Output of FMEA: risk reduced to acceptable level
- What is acceptable risk?
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 652 Reliability and Risk ManagementCarl Carlson
Leave a Reply