661 Management vs Leadership
Carl and Fred discussing what it means to be a leader, and how the principles of leadership go beyond the traditional roles of management.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the role of leadership in reliability programs, and why it matters to reliability engineers.
- What does it means to be a leader?
- What does it mean to be a manager?
- Supplier Reliability is not well thought through in some companies
- Working *with* suppliers rather than against them
- Leading by teaching, inspiring, doing the right things
- What are the conditions for success?
- Focus on vital few; what is most critical?
- The shortcomings in some standards, such as ISO 9000 series
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.
Principle-Centered Leadership, by Stephen R. Covey
The Leadership Moment, by Michael Useem
Leadership and Self-Deception, by The Arbinger Institute
Quantum Leap Thinking, by James J. Mapes
Leadership Secrets of Attila The Hun, by Wess Roberts
Developing the Leader Within You, by John C. Maxwell
Interesting topic and discussion. Thank you.