Giving and Receiving Feedback
Carl and Fred discussing the topic of giving and receiving feedback, and how it supports professional development.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss
- Feedback aspects: giving, receiving, mandatory (like annual performance reviews) and voluntary (upon request)
- Feedback is better when it is specific
- Be open and receptive to hearing candid feedback; find the nugget
- Ask clarifying questions about feedback you receive
- Use active listening to enhance benefit of feedback you receive
- Signal to people that you are open to *candid* feedback
- Ask when giving feedback to a colleague
- Be aware of body language when communicating feedback
- Positive feedback first, then areas of improvement
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 666 Giving and Receiving FeedbackCarl Carlson
Chapter 10 of Effective FMEAs outlines general facilitation skills. Many of these skills, such as active listening, can be used when giving or receiving feedback.
Leave a Reply