Safety and Reliability
Carl and Fred discussing the tools of safety and reliability engineering, and how these tools overlap.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the broad set of tools within the body of knowledge of reliability engineering, and the value or lack of value in categorizing the tools into subsets.
- Are the tools of quality and safety subsets of reliability?
- What is safe enough, reliable enough?
- How does the product perform in real life, from a safety standpoint, reliability standpoint, quality standpoint?
- Bucketing the tools into silos does not add value
- How should reliability engineering department be organized?
- What is overlap between safety tools and reliability tools?
- Performance is included in reliability definition (intended function)
- Reasonably anticipated misuse
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 674 Safety and ReliabilityCarl Carlson
Leave a Reply