Planning a Reliability Program
Carl and Fred discussing the planning that goes into any reliability program.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss approaches to achieving high reliability. Specifically using the 6-step process. (See Show Notes)
- The 6-step” process to achieve high reliability (See Show Notes)
- Does the 6-step process apply to setting up a reliability organization?
- What is a “reliability organization”?
- Vision for reliability in one, three and five years
- Aligning the tasks in a reliability program to year of implementation.
- Scope of reliability plan can be project or program
- Reliability plans can include organization-related tasks, as well as project-related tasks
- The 6-step process works for setting up a program, laboratory, consulting practice, and many other activities
- Stephen Covey: “begin with the end in mind”
- If you are setting up a reliability organization, consider aligning to an actual project in parallel
- “Reliability organization” does not mean a separate reliability team, it is an integration of reliability expertise with product and process engineering
- How to alter the culture of an organization
- Measuring things does not change reliability. Improving reliability involves changing mindsets and influencing the organization.
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.
6-Step process with deliverables
Quick note: in this SOR episode, I mistakenly called Greg Hutchins, Greg Hutchinson (sorry, Greg). Greg is a thought-leader on AccendoReliability. He is managing director and principal engineer at Critical Infrastructure Protection: Forensics, Assurance, Analytics (R), and heads up many exciting projects about the future of professions. I’ve enjoyed reading his book “Working It: Disruption Rules – COVID Edition.” Here is Greg’s About Page
Celine Geiger says
Hi Fred, Hi Carl,
very interesting topic. I tried to open the 6-step process link and it doesn’t work for me. Has the location changed?
Thanks so much,
Carl Carlson says
Thanks for the info on the broken link. Much appreciated. I believe I fixed it. Give it a try.
Celine Geiger says
Amazing. It is working now. Thanks so much!