Where Should the Reliability Group Reside? – Part 2
Carl and Fred reply to a question from a listener about the location of the reliability group, and expand on the earlier podcast on this topic.
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the subject of where the reliability group should reside, and what are the key elements of effective reliability leadership.
- The effectiveness of the support from management is more important than the organizational location
- The importance of a reliability “champion”
- The role of “reliability champion”
- The need for “air cover” to keep focus on DfR
- DfR versus fighting fires
- Organizing for long-term reliability
- Reliability leadership must be enlightened on the value of long-term reliability
- Developing the reliability leadership
- Consulting and mentorship is a two-way street
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
SOR 292 Where Should the Reliability Group Reside? – Part 2Carl Carlson
SOR “What is Reliability Leadership?”
SOR “In What Department Should the Reliability Group Be Located?“
Leave a Reply