Giving and a Reliability Career
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss a philosophy of life that relates to giving. Topics include:
- The value of networking
- The value of working on standards committees
- Opportunities abound when your focus is on creating value
- Doing something useful for others pays off to you in unpredicted ways
- Don’t begin with what you can get, provide support and good will
- Answer people’s questions, take the time to help others
- There is no way to know ahead of time which outward efforts will result in benefit to you
- If you are genuinely interested in helping others, it will come across
- What is Content Marketing?
- Presenting at conferences is a great way to create goodwill and enhance your career
- What does it mean to work yourself out of a job?
- What is “pay it forward”?
- When interviewing for a job, do not focus on benefits, focus on how you can help solve their unique problems
- Philosophy: if you do good things, good things come back to you
- Accendo business model is to help reliability people share what they know
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques to field data analysis approaches.